What are the rules for Noodlers?
Rules For 2018
WE STRONGLY ENFORCE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING ANY EFFORT TO CHEAT. POLYGRAPHS WILL BE USED. ANY person, upon the sole discretion of the tournament director or OKIE NOODLING committee, that shows a lack of consideration for other contestants or the rules will be asked to leave. If it is determined that any contestant has questionable actions, behavior, or a questionable weigh-in entry that have initiated any detrimental actions, or harms the enjoyment of the tournament for other contestants will be banned from the tournament and will forfeit their chances at any winnings. OKIE NOODLING reserves the right to refuse entry or ask any person to leave immediately who has displayed any above mentioned un-sportsman like behavior or shows dis-regard to the tournament, the rules, or its officials and/or contestants. By entering the tournament & paying your fee you are agreeing to all the rules listed above.
Oklahoma Fish ONLY, in Oklahoma waters ONLY
- Noodlers can only check in ONE fish.
- NO stringer competition! BIG FISH ONLY!
- Noodlers must check in fish by 6:00 p.m.
- Noodlers must obey ALL OK Wildlife Regulations.
- Fish must be caught within 36 hours of deadline. Fishing license must be dated no less that 36 hours prior to the time of tournament.
- Absolutely no walk-up entry fees accepted.
- All fish must be alive.
- To check your fish in, you must have a copy of your OK fishing license.
- Be mindful of new NO NIGHT TIME NOODLING law.
- Everyone who enters this tournament is subject to polygraph testing and game warden inspection.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to accept/deny any noodler entries.
- Each contestant must fill out a registration form. Prize money for BIG FISH, top female and 17 and under.
- Entry forms can be mailed to: Okie Noodling Tournament, P.O. Box 302, Pauls Valley, OK, 73075 Upon checking in each registered noodler will receive a T-shirt, a wristband and one extra wristbandthat will allow you, plus one, to carry your fish on stage. Anyone without a wristband is not allowed on stage.Noodlers may take their fish with them from the stage and dispose of it themselves or if you choose to not take your fish, we will turn fish over to OSDWC for biological purposes.
All tournament photos, footage and likenesses are property of the Okie Noodling Tournament.
What Activities Are There For Families?
Throughout the day on Saturday, there are several activities and competitions planned. These change from year to year, but we do our best to have fun things for all ages to participate in while you are waiting on those big fish to arrive!
Be sure to check out the Okie Noodling Queen Contest, Kids Catfish Eating Contest, The Noodle Eating Contest, and a few new activities this year.
After the weigh in, and the Tournament winners are announced, we are excited to have Shotgun Rider close out the festival with some great music!
How do I or my company become a sponsor?
Please contact the Pauls Valley Chamber of Commerce for information on becoming a sponsor, 1-405-238-6491.
How much are tickets?
The festival is FREE to the public, so please come and enjoy the festivities.
Can I bring my own ice chest and or Pop Up tents, or is there anything I can’t bring?
THE “OKIE NOODLING FESTIVAL” HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED, SO WHY WORRY ABOUT BRINGING THE ICE CHEST/ COOLER AND TRYING TO KEEP TRACK OF IT WHILE YOU ARE OUT ENJOYING THE EVENT. THE FESTIVAL HAS GREAT FOOD AND BEVERAGES ON SITE FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT. SUPPORT THE OKIE NOODLING FESTIVAL AND ALL OF ITS VENDORS! THOUGH WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM BRINGING THEM INTO THE PARK, IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, A $20.00 ICE CHEST/ COOLER PERMIT STICKER MUST BE PURCHASED. THE $20 FEE IS A MINIMAL COST AND IS CRUCIAL TO THE TOURNAMENTS CONTINUANCE. PLUS YOU GET A COMMEMORATIVE STICKER FROM THE 2018 FESTIVAL !
The Okie Noodling Tournament strongly discourages its spectators from bringing outside coolers to the event. That being said anyone who is planning on bringing a cooler to the Okie Noodling Tournament must purchase a $20 cooler permit. If the cooler contains beer, or any other alcoholic beverage, you will also receive 4 wrist bands. All 4 recipients of the wrist bands must be over the age of 21 and provide a valid ID to a tournament official prior to receiving the band. Extra wrist bands will cost an additional $5 each and will require a valid ID. Everyone consuming alcohol on the premises must have a wrist band.
WE ARE NOT ALLOWING ANY POP UP TENTS AT THE FESTIVAL THIS YEAR, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF VENDORS. WE UNDERSTAND WANTING SHADE, BUT THESE INHIBIT OTHERS VIEW AND CAUSE SECURITY/MEDICAL CONCERNS WHEN TRYING TO GET TO SOMEONE IN NEED DURING AN EMERGENCY. ALSO, WE WANT TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT BOTTLES ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE PARK.
JASON SELMAN - ENTERTAINMENT BOOKING & ADVERTISING GENERAL INFORMATION & MEDIA CONTACT 1.405.238.3308 EXT 192 or 1.405.331.0060
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SHERRI WING - SPONSORSHIP , VENDOR & NOODLER INFORMATION 1.405.238.6491